Yakin 4 Jesus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Post Work FIshing

Daniel Clarke
    Daniel Clarke
    Admin

Post Work FIshing Empty Post Work FIshing

Post by Daniel Clarke 4/22/2015, 10:00 pm

I got a 4:45 call from the wifey saying, "hey you can go fishing tonight if you want!" Being tired after a long day and having a wind advisory for 30 MPH winds I was hesitant to go, but 3 days before due date I thought I should take advantage of the opportunity Very Happy

It was definitely a windy time, but walking down to the water with my brand new crank had me feelin good. Second cast... BITE!  affraid I almost didn't know what to do haha - ended up bringing in a nice 14" bass. After another few casts and I had another 14"! Then I moseyed around the pond and ended up standing eye to eye with a HUGE grass carp - had to be every bit of 36". We have seen three of them cruising around together, but no close-ups. Because of the waves from the wind I don't think he got a good look at me; I think if it had've been the summer I would have jumped on his back and gone for a ride. I was so dumbfounded I just stood there and waited for him to make a move - which he did in about 5 seconds leaving nothing but a drenched shoreline and a dustball where he previously was.

Sadly, on that side of the pond I was stupid enough to cast into the wind a few times before mucking up my reel to the point that I had to cut about half of the brand new braid off the spool *cue the crying* Crying or Very sad, but I salvaged the rest of the line enough to try throwing in a bobber and worm since I no longer had enough to get a good cast... which brought in the smallest bass at about 12" - that was the first time we have tried the old bobber and worm at this pond - guess it will work in pinch!

All in all it was a great time, albeit a little more expensive that I would like for a two hour tour thanks to the loss of the braid.

Post Work FIshing Photo_12
    Post Work FIshing Photo_13
    Post Work FIshing Photo_14
    Post Work FIshing Photo_15

Excited to see everyone else start posting as soon as you get out there!! Tight lines and God Bless!
    Jordan.Cassell
    Jordan.Cassell

Post Work FIshing Empty Re: Post Work FIshing

Post by Jordan.Cassell 4/23/2015, 8:04 am

It's about time you get on some fish at that pond! Great catches buddy, sorry to hear you had to cut half your braid though. You need to start taking horizontal photos so we can see your pictures without looking sideways haha.
    Daniel Clarke
    Daniel Clarke
    Admin

Post by Daniel Clarke 4/23/2015, 9:50 am

Haha I was thinking the same thing... not sure why it won't insert a vertical photo correctly Sad
    Jordan.Cassell
    Jordan.Cassell

Post by Jordan.Cassell 4/23/2015, 10:41 am

I thought that as soon as you texted me the first picture last night - would have said something but I just knew that you would remember and wouldn't continue to make the same mistake...clearly I gave you too much credit lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 3:59 pm