Yakin 4 Jesus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Trailers for the yak

Neil Ingram

Trailers for the yak Empty Trailers for the yak

Post by Neil Ingram 3/2/2015, 10:08 am

Dickie Vansycle just got a trailer for his very big kayak. He has a Jackson Bigggggg Rig. 14' plus as I remember. You can car top something this big but as you add goodies (and Dickie has) this is not such a good idea. He bought a small trailer that can be pulled behind most any type of ride. It handles the kayak great and is low to the ground for unloading and loading. The price was easy and so was the install. He will give more info and pictures in the next several days.
    Dickydoo
    Dickydoo

Trailers for the yak Empty Re: Trailers for the yak

Post by Dickydoo 3/2/2015, 12:39 pm

I purchased a Jon boat trailer from Harbor freight online.
    $399 marked down to $299,   20% coupon on top of that and $6 shipping was a steal.  Only took a couple hours to assemble.
    I left the rollers and two runners off that came with it.  I replaced those with Two 3" sked 40   10' conduit.  
    My Jackson Big Rig started out at 98lbs unloaded.  By the time I got a hold of it threw the winter I'm up to about 250lbs which is impossible to heave on top of the car.  That's why the trailer was a must for me.  She might be a Bear out a the water but she's a BEAST IN!!!   Love my Big Rig!!  See ya out there
    Neil Ingram

Trailers for the yak Empty Trailers for the yak

Post by Neil Ingram 3/2/2015, 2:20 pm

Dickie forgot to mention that he added a huge battery and trolling motor to his. That is the major weight increase. He also will never be tired from the use of a paddle and should be able to do all of the work for everyone around the campsite.

Sponsored content

Trailers for the yak Empty Re: Trailers for the yak

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 12:41 am