Yakin 4 Jesus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!!

Jordan.Cassell
    Jordan.Cassell

Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!! Empty Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!!

Post by Jordan.Cassell 3/30/2015, 4:19 pm

I have a 10' sit on top yak that weighs roughly 50lbs and I just ordered an anchor trolley. I'm considering a mushroom anchor as I typically fish silty/sandy/soft bottomed lakes and ponds but I can only find mushroom anchors as low as 8lbs. The weight to paddle it around doesn't concern me, and the storage is no problem, but I'm pretty confident that an 8lb anchor is a bit overkill. Thoughts?

Also - what type of anchor line should I invest in? Material and thickness? Currently considering a 3/8" Propylene rope.

Last thing - what else do I need? Some sort of float so once I hook that state record muskie I can unhook the anchor and let him motor me around - but what's recommended for this? Anything else to make life easier - storage, line management ideas, etc?
    Dickydoo
    Dickydoo

Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!! Empty Re: Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!!

Post by Dickydoo 4/1/2015, 3:50 am

Dickydoo
    Dickydoo

Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!! Empty Re: Anchors and Lines and Floats and more!!

Post by Dickydoo 4/1/2015, 3:53 am

Jordan.Cassell
    Jordan.Cassell

Post by Jordan.Cassell 4/1/2015, 7:47 am

Some very interesting ideas Dicky. I'll price everything out and see what's most cost effective (wife has limited me to the amount on the gift cards I received for my birthday). The blaze orange dog training dummy is a great idea!
    Daniel Clarke
    Daniel Clarke
    Admin

Post by Daniel Clarke 4/10/2015, 12:42 pm

I like the clothesline anchor idea... Clothesline Anchor Video

With the exception of not really being able to cut it loose if you get onto a large fish. Have to think about an alternative option for that - maybe just have a BIG float that will hold it up with a slip pin to remove it from my crate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:14 am